Bonanza Punch (Drink Recipe)
How to make a Bonanza Punch.
- Five quarts of water
- Four and a half pounds of fine sugar
- The juice of twelve lemons and three oranges
- One can pineapple
- One-half pint of gin
- One-pint of Rhine wine
- Grate the rinds of three lemons and two oranges into a bowl, adding the juice of all.
- Put two quarts of water, two pounds of fine sugar, and the juice of pineapple on the stove and make a hot syrup of it.
- Pour this on the grated rinds and juice to draw flavor.
- Chop the pineapple very fine, and add to the mixture.
- Mix and strain all into container, add remainder of sugar, water; add gin and wine, and freeze.